Personal Observation from A SENATE STUMP Meeting- SC GoP , 2026 (Senatorial race to run-off)

 It has been years since I have attended a college fraternity celebration event!  Missing was the bonfire this past week. Yesterday in what was to be the STUMP meeting in Florence, SC -  for all those running for the US Senate found myself sitting down amongst FRY supporters and lots of young men, and a better description would be "Boys"  running around handing out FRY stickers to wear, placing cards on chairs only to be moved. 

I  had my Wilson/Reidenbach sticker, and added Darline to my other shoulder area.  The "boys" left me alone. Even got a few stares.  I should add the only candidate who spoke to me was Mr. Sanford and we chatted about his service to South Carolina over the years, my many visits to his office and he thanked me for considering him.  He would have been my choice, simply based on his fiscal conservative platform. He was not running around, and his presentation filled with financial detail We all need to be aware of! Serious financial times we are in.

All the others,  spent time explaining who they were, their platforms and how wonderful they would be in the role of a SC Senator.  So now to Fry.  What is his platform?  Clearly those present knew or not, and had heard his speak before. I did not and all I witnessed was a Cheerleader for himself, without context and a lot of clapping. Rumored about was the FOX interview where he was asked why he was going after Darline?  his "intelligent" answer was"I am in it to win!"  Not here is my platform and ideas are ….

Politics today have taken on a nasty almost flame throwing social media bombardment. Fry is in there having a great time, with his minions of young men "boys", always on the look out! I believe inappropriate. So let's see, if Fry voted to raise taxes and have missed multiple key votes, why do I want to vote to give him another position to not perform for our beloved South Carolina and our nation, and at the same time effect our control in the HOUSE?  Check it out. 

So now onto supporting Wilson/Reidenbach.  Months ago I had the honor to meet them both separately while in Columbia working.  First Senator Reidenbach from Florence.  I had researched his background, and found his interest in children to be impactful. He shows up and is active in his Community - the Pee Dee. He has built a business and with my love of cars (I own a plastic engine for teaching purposes), I know how tough that is.  And what a great handshake! Direct eye to eye contact, and then his words, direct. A leader. 

Onto South Carolina AG - Wilson. I learned more about South Carolina laws from time spent in a discussion with him, and the responsibility of his office.  A quick look over his years of service he has brought a great deal of success to the enforcement of South Carolina laws, and served our state and nation well. I learned his office did not make the laws, they enforced them when asked to.  Recently a local newspaper in reporting on his service, referred to his quest to be our governor - as this was in his DNA.   Yes, I do believe it is.  Take time to put it all together, from his years of military service,  education and continued supporting the laws of our state and raising his family, the support of his wife who battle breast cancer once, and not to forget his Dad Joe and Mother "Peaches" and their years together at the dinner table. Give thought to their possible discussions! 

Senator Darline Graham.  Let's go back before July 11, 2026.  In place was Senator Lindsay Graham, backed up by a senate staff of multiple years, experienced and dedicated with love of our state. So much they have been involved in supporting the needs of South Carolina and the American Military.  They know how it all works in Washington and I do know from a few years back,  one does not just walk in and get it done.  It takes a team to know how it all comes together and get bills passed, written correctly.  They were devastated by his loss and now they are stepping up and supporting Darline, while they grieve.

So Saturday in Florence, I was shocked to see her in attendance as I knew from a notice that the US Senate had adjourned early morning.Imagine for two days she worked in the senate making sure the Sanctions bill against Russia that Lindsay had begun before his death passed.  But also -she was present and voted to support other key appointments and for Todd Blanche Attorney General of United States.

My observation is this. Senator Darline Graham need not apologize for having notes to refer to.  I can not imagine her work schedule and I thank her for coming to Florence.  What a pleasure to hear directly her words and see the determination to serve our state. I met her once when she was with Lindsay at an event.  Gracious and interested in the students I had with me and the mural honoring Larry Doby!  And I know, that she is continuing to support military families!  Darline's determination to serve came through, and in the  words she spoke, are real from your heart, loving our state and your beloved brother, who indeed is recognized as a Statesman. Better yet, your soul was showing, as while you grieve you are serving. 

Now to SC AG Wilson they say his running and winning the Governor for South Carolina as it is in your  DNA.  Yes and who better to rely on and work with you and your office, than someone who has it is in their soul serving as the  Senator for South Carolina.  I wish you all the best going forward as we need a team of honor and faith to get it done. 

Linda Dennis

After teaching years of critical thinking skills to young  people, this blog was written following the guidelines I shared often. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The White Shirt

Nurses Week