Today, Hank is 7, soon to be 8, at home with his Mom, Dad, and Ruthie and Celia. All schools closed, as we all sheltered at home to help send away the COVID19. We can FaceTime, wave at each other from a distance. There is the zoom also. Schools held the last day on March 13, and the following week, all collected their tools, lessons and assignments and headed home for schooling, and to be "sheltered". Now schools are closed until end of April, and I fully believe they will be closed further, until the hot summer arrives. Our heat should help take the virus away.
So counting the days: 28. Easter, April 12 - makes it 29.
St. Philips Church recently invited in the Rev. Canon J. John, from England to speak and share his ministry with us. One evening he spoke about the practice of praying, caring and sharing: Natural Evangelism. Most inspiring, and I learned so much, and I signed up for his newsletter. Today, I received his Easter Message, and I found it to be most compelling and reassuring for this time of physical separation from our friends and family.
A reminder that we are never alone is found in his Easter message.
His website link is here.
Rec. Canon J. John's Easter Message and prayer can be found at:
|
Nurses Week
Clara Barton, founder of American Red Cross Nurses Week Upon paying respect. first and foremost, a week honoring our nation's nurses, is not long enough. every day, we should thank them for their nurturing care and wealth of knowledge, especially those that have taken the extra time to study and take on becoming Nurse Practitioner. Quietly, going back in my memory many years, as a little girl-child, one of my first Santa gifts was a nurse's kit. I remember a black cape with the Red Cross button, and a little black bag. As a Mom, on our trip to Washington, DC, my daughter and I traveled to Glen Cove Maryland, to visit the Clara Barton National Historic Site. Some earlier childhood dreams are never forgotten. My daughter too had had a little black bag, and was often taking the heart beats of her dolls. We arrived just about the closing time, but the National Park Ranger, opened up and we were able to view the interior, where Clara Barton began...

Comments
Post a Comment