The Flying Pine Cone

Early morning, and there it was!  A broken side window.  Looked at first like someone had tried to break into my car.  Waited for the Police to arrive, and only to hear - "well, ma'am I think it was a pine cone'?

Huh I thought.  You mean like a pine cone could hit the window hard enough to break?

South Carolina has "GLASS" coverage.  So the loss was not the case.  More so was the fact that a pine cone could hit so hard my window to break?

Looking around, the sounds nearby was of a lawn mower?  There was a worker trimming the shrubs.

Take heed friends.  Pine Cones can travel in the air once mobilized by the blade of a lawn mower or trimming device.  

While I could laugh about this as it did seem far-fetched at first, I  received this photo from my daughter as the young man prepared to go to school for picture day.  Alas, schools days are almost getting back to a "normal" feeling.

So off he goes - dressed up in his Tuxedo...as I ponder a flying pine cone.



 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Going off the grid ..sorta - hope to be back the end of March..

Now off the Grid...day 3 and 3506 words written

Two trips to the Grocery Store